Friday, November 18, 2011

Day #75 - Christmas Tree

I finally have a Christmas Tree. About five years ago I bought a string of little lights for $1.00 at a yard sale. A few weeks I bought this tree at another yard sale for $1.00. I turn on the lights in the evenings and enjoy the soft glow. I figure once I am tired of it, I will carry the tree next door and let my great nieces enjoy it too.

In my growing up years we never had family gatherings at Christmas. I really don't know if other families did or not but neither my Dad or Mother's family did at Christmas time. But I have fond memories of our Christmas Day. We children either got a game like Carom or more often a 1,000 piece puzzle after the breakfast dishes were done. We'd get the card table and work on the puzzle while Mom cooked a feast. Then we'd feast and just simply have a family day, go sledding if there was enough snow, or read books or continue on the puzzle. And before the week was over the puzzle was pieced.

2 comments:

  1. I love your tree, Katie! My little Christmas tree looks to be the same size. It came with little lights and attached decorations; and when the season is here, all I have to do is plug it in and enjoy it! I live alone, and this suits me just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your memory ~ that makes me happy. ♥

    ReplyDelete