Monday, January 23, 2012

Day # 141 - Walking the Line

Dole-ing it out...

and walking the line.

Seriously though , two buses with mostly Old Order Mennonites and a couple of Amish left today for their homes in the Finger Lakes NY area, central Pennsylvania and Lancaster. Both buses were chartered to bring people down for the Haiti Benefit auction which was on Saturday. Today they want to return home with boxes of oranges and grapefruit.

So when I biked to the parking lot where the buses load I marveled at all these boxes of fruit neatly lined up and tagged of whoever bought them. The first bus left at 11am, the second bus left at 2pm and the Pioneer Trails bus left  before 4 pm.    

3 comments:

  1. What fabulous photos! You are truly very gifted when it comes to catching the moment in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Katie,
    I actually found your blog via a link on Sherry G's Facebook page. I just love the photos, and you do have a real eye for catching the beauty of every day life. Plus, I was also marvelling at how neatly arranged all those boxes of produce were on the sidewalk :) Yummy fruit is always good ;) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried so hard to find a few fresh oranges at curbside "stands" in the neighborhood before I left on Monday, but all I found were some grapefruit. :\ However, I was happy to tote home 2 pounds of baby Swiss, 4 bars of homemade soap, a new hanging kitchen towel, 2 coffee cups from Yoder's, and a bag of Yoder's coffee. Whew. :)

    ReplyDelete