Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day # 186 - The Saw Sharpener Comes to Pinecraft

Today when I biked to the park I saw a sign at the park entrance that a "Saw Sharpener" is at the park. Sure enough they came in a big travel trailer with a trailer attached behind, which is the Saw Shop. At first I didn't pay attention to them as I spotted my sister and niece but after a while I looked back and turned around and started shooting photos. None of them was aware of me or my bike for the longest time, so I took the liberty to shoot to my heart's content. 

These two men watched and asked questions while the sharpener sharpened a pocket knife and here is demonstrating that the blade of that knife is as sharp as a razor blade. 
 
I don't know who this couple is except they are German Baptist that can't talk German and live in Ohio, just across from the Indiana state line. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, he is of German Baptist faith. His name is Melvin Cook. Thanks to a friend who grew up in that church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, Melvin is my first cousin. He and his wife Ella, are German Baptist Brethren, which is the church I grew up in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I was wondering if I could get a copy of this picture, if you would email it to me. My cousin, Melvin, passed away last night. He is my mother's oldest nephew.

    ReplyDelete