Friday, June 15, 2012

Day # 285 - Hivel Eli's Paul


Back in the early 1970's I was a school teacher. I was boarding in an apartment across the road from Stone Hill School at Eli C Troyer's place. At that time they had a family of five little boys and a baby girl. Paul on the right was about three years old and he just adored me. Tonight we both remembered the time he sat beside me on a little backless bench and he put on my shoes. He was proud of the fact that he could wear an adult's shoes, not realizing that the adult was the same heights he was. Time has a way of speeding forward for they already have a married son. 

Tonight I met Paul, his wife and two daughters in front of Yoder's Deli. They know good cooking and good service when they see it as four of them work in Mrs Yoder's Kitchen in Mt Hope Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment