Saturday, August 3, 2013

Yeaar 2, Day # 324 - Alive and Alert

This morning these birds were feeding in the neighboring yard. I share mutual feelings with the one on the left. He was much more leery and aware of his surroundings. After stopping and watching them for a while I saw the reason. His right foot is missing up to the knee and walking doesn't go well for him. So instead of running from every little sound or movement he checked it out first and since I didn't look like a threat he continued eating away. I know I am a human and he is a bird but we share a kindred spirit. Maybe I am going off on the deep end but that is okay.

1 comment:

  1. If you're going off the deep end, I'm going with you. We'll enjoy it there. I have a lot of favorite pics of yours, but this one ranks right up near the top, along with the story that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete