Monday, October 28, 2013

Year 3, Day # 45 - Deep Cleaning

 The first thing I saw when I opened my curtains this morning was about six men at work. The sun was in my eyes and I had to make sure I am not seeing Halloween  costumes with men walking around in plastic skirts and hoods pulled over their faces. Each one was whipping a weed eater to and fro. But they were cleaning out the ditch behind my house. They even pulled out a bike. As I watched, my respect for them grew by leaps and bounds. They worked hard in the weeds where the snakes and mosquitoes live and more insects that bite and suck blood. They drank water, they peed next to the tree, they kept gas in the weed eaters and worked their way pass my place. 

When I went out, I biked behind my landlord's house and I could see the neighbors and the culverts. I had forgotten what all was behind the weeds. It was at least 2-3 years since this ditch was cleaned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment