Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Year 3, Day # 186 - Future Mothers

I don't know if it is the world over or just among the Plain People that most children, especially little girls play with dolls. It seems to be the most natural thing in the life of a little girl. Maybe it is the motherhood instinct that is already at birth implanted in the heart of a little girl.

I never enjoyed playing with dolls. But when I could treadle a sewing machine I enjoyed making rag dolls and dressing them  for my younger sisters, and later for my nieces and nephews. In real life I never became a mother but I was a seamstress for years and always enjoyed sewing. I guess I conclude what we enjoy as a child is our strength in adult life. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture! Reminds me so much of the little girls at our colony. Sometimes they bring their babies to school along with a bag full of baby things. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete