Friday, June 13, 2014

Year 3, Day # 273 - Mark Oliver

This afternoon Sister Edna and I stopped in at the Amish & Mennonite Information Center I met up with Mark Oliver. The first time we had met was in the mid-1980's or so. He was a 16 year skinny lad who came to visit Aylmer Ontario because he wanted to join the Amish. And here he is 30 years later, living in Holmes County with his wife and children. We spent over an hour catching up, well no, we never did catch up for we just started telling each other about our journey  from where we were to where we are now. I am amazed is about all I can say.  

5 comments:

  1. this is awesome, would love to meet Mark again! Have a lot of memories of that tall english boy from Toronto :-). I thought he was swartzentruber amish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivan, their story/journey is amazing. You need to meet up with each other again.

      Delete
  2. Ivan, you can reach me at tourguide@amheritagecenter.com.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mark,

    Do you remember me? I miss the good old times in Mount Elgin :)

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you remember me at all shoot me a email at carolgroves2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete