Saturday, May 31, 2014

Year 3, day # 261 - The Stinger

 This is the time of the year when I really have to keep my eyes open for a photo for Project 365. Today was one such day. If the streets are bare and empty and it looks like rain, I have to look elsewhere for something to shoot. I like these times too when it stretches my mind. Anyway tonight after one rain and before the next one I went biking and came upon this plant.

Upon closer observation I concluded the pollinator is a Stinger, some sort of wasp. As long as they leave me alone, I leave them alone. A couple of years ago I had a wasp nest on my porch, hidden in the railing. They never bothered me. I could come and go as I pleased. We each went our own way, until I had visitors and I swatted at one. That was the end of peace on my porch. Every time when I as much as opened my door they came straight for me. I knew I had to exterminate that nest of wasps or they would get rid of me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment